Who is Eligible for Obtaining a PSARA License?
Eligibility for Applicant Agency
Eligibility for Applicant Individual
What are the Documents Required for PSARA License?
- Key Managerial Person for the purpose of PSARA License documentation refers to individuals involved in controlling the management of the security agency. These include directors in case of a company, designated partners in case of an LLP, and partners in case of Partnership Firm.
- If the private security agency has already obtained a license from the Controlling Authority of any other State then the requirement of training of the licensee shall not be necessary as per circular no N0.24021/22/2021-PM-1 dated 20th Oct 2022. It means once the licensee has obtained a special qualification certificate from a recognised training institute of one state he needs to to redo training in order to make an application for other states.
- As per circular no. 24021/22/2021-PM-1 dated 20th Oct 2022, if the antecedent of the applicant has already been verified in a state he has previously obtained the PSARA License, the same need not be done again, provided such verification was completed during the validity period of the license.
State Level Variations:
- In the states of Haryana and Maharashtra, current Property tax receipt/ Conversion charges paid receipt for commercial premises is required.
- In karnataka Premises must have Training room of 200 sq Feet and a separate office space supported Layout plan with Floor area containing location of toilets,
- You need an ITR of Five consecutive years including the current year ITR to apply for PSARA license in Madhya Pradesh. If the entity is a newly constituted entity the ITR of the promoters could be filed apa
- The managerial personnels of Applicant Agency must have Passport to apply for Psara in the state of Haryana
How to Obtain MOU with a Training Institute?
How to Take a Guard's Photo?
Description of Guard Uniform:
- Arm badge for distinguishing it from other agency
- Shoulder or chest badge to indicate guard’s position in the organization
- Whistle attached to the whistle cord(lanyard) and to be kept in the left pocket of the shirt
- Rubber sole shoes with eyelet and laces
- Cap having the distinguishing mark of the private security agency
- Every guard shall carry a notebook and a writing instrument with him
- The uniform should not resemble to uniform of police or Armed forces or Paramilitary Forces
Specimen ID Card:
List of Equipment:
Cancellation of PSARA licence
Grounds for Cancellation of PSARA License
- Obtaining the license through misrepresentation or using false documents,
- Violating the PSARA Act or license conditions,
- Misusing obtained information obtained during the discharge of duties as a private security agency.
- Falsely representing the agency’s affiliation with the government,
- Impersonating a public servant,
- Failure to commence activities or provide services,
- Non-compliance with court orders or lawful authorities, and
- Engaging in acts that threaten national security, public order, or law and order
PSARA License Fees
- Fees for Agencies in One District: For agencies that operate within a single district, the government fee for the PSARA license application is ₹5000/-. This category is suitable for agencies providing security services in a localized area, such as within a city or specific region.
- Fees for Agencies in Up to Five Districts: Agencies with a broader operational reach, covering multiple districts within a state, fall under this category. The government fee for the PSARA license application of such agencies is ₹10,000/-. This fee structure accommodates agencies with a moderately expanded service area.
- Fees for Agencies in More than Five Districts: For agencies that provide security services across a large geographic area, operating in more than five districts or throughout an entire state, the government fee for the PSARA license application is ₹25,000/-. This category applies to agencies with a significant presence and operational scope, offering services across extensive regions.
PSARA License Validity & Renewal
Q1: Can an individual apply for a PSARA license?
Private Security Agency License, PSARA, can be granted to both individuals and companies. Both can apply for and obtain a PSARA license, provided they meet the necessary criteria and requirements.
Q2: Are there any specific qualifications required for a PSARA license?
Yes, to run a Private Security Agency, the key management professional must have the Special Qualification Certificate obtained from a recognized Training Institute. However, as far their educational background and experience are concerned, there are no specific qualification requirements.
Q3: What is the validity period of a Private Security Agency license?
PSARA Validity typically extends to five years, except for those obtained in Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh, where the validity period is 1 year only . Its renewal application needs to be filed 45 days before its expiry.
Q4: Can a security agency operate in multiple states with one PSARA license?
No, a PSARA license is typically issued by the respective state controlling authority, and it is valid only within the jurisdiction of that particular state. If a security agency intends to operate in multiple states, it needs to obtain separate licenses for each state.
Q5: Are there any post-license compliance requirements for PSARA license holders?
Yes, PSARA license holders are required to comply with various post-license obligations, such as maintaining proper register of employees, submitting regular reports to the controlling authority, ensuring the minimum wages and benefits for security personnel, and adhering to the code of conduct specified by the regulating authorities. Non-compliance can result in penalties or cancellation of the license.