FSSAI Annual Return Filing
File D1 and Form D2 @ ₹ 1999/-
Get in touch with us
Your Information is safe with us
FSSAI Annual Return (Form D-1)
Due Date of Filing the Annual Return under FSSAI
Due Date: The last date of filing annual fssai return by the manufacturing units of importers is 31st May, for the previous year. For example, the due date of FSSAI annual return for the financial year 2020-21 is 31st May 2021. However, due to COVID-19 Pandemic, the due date for filing the annual return has been relaxed, and the FBO can furnish the return for FY 2020-21 until the 30th June 2021, without any additional fee.
Prescribed FORM: The annual return in “Form D-1” is submitted by the licensee regarding each class of food items handled by him during the previous financial year. FSSAI has made online submission of Annual Return by Food Businesses mandatory w.e.f F.Y. 2020-21 vide notification, No. 15(31)2020/FOSCOS/RCD/FSSAI dated 18th December 2020.
Note: Separate Annual Return For Each Licence
The filing of the annual return is not applicant specific, and it is location-specific. Therefore, an FBO with more than one licence shall file a separate return for each License, i.e. for each food unit. It is immaterial that the same Food Business Operator holds these Licenses.
Half Yearly Return by FBO Manufacturing Milk & Mild Products
|Sl. No.||Period||Due Date||Prescribed Form|
First Half Yearly Return for period (1st April to 31st September)
on or before 30th October
Second Half Yearly Return for period (1st October to 31st March)
on or before 30th April
Online Return Filing on FosCos Portal of FSSAI
Information That are Filed in The Annual Return
- Name of FBO
- Address of FBO
- Licence No
- Statement showing quantities of food products handled/manufactured/imported and exported in Tonnes. This statement shall furnish the particular in the below categories.
- Name of the Food product handled/manufactured/ exported/imported.
- Size of bottle/can/bulk package/any other package (like P.P.) or
- Quantity in metric tonnes
- In the case of Export/Import, the following additional pieces of information are required.
- Name of the country or port of Export.
- The quantity exported/ imported in Kg.
- Rate per Kg or per unit of packing F.O.B./C.I.F.
Exemption from Filing the Annual FSSAI Return
Penalty on Non Filing of FSSAI Annual Return