Check Eligibility for Branch Office Registration in India - Preparatory Stage - 1
The establishment of place of business in India for a foreign company/corporation is governed by the Foreign Exchange Management (Establishment in India of a branch office or a liaison office or a project office or any other place of business) Regulations, 2016. For the purpose of setting up a Branch Office following is the most important qualifications
- The networth of foreign head office must be above $ 100,000
- The applicant company should have profitability track record of Five Years.
Only Eight kinds of activities are permitted for the branch office, please refer - Permittd Activities for Branch Office for details
Drafting of Government Forms and Documents - Preparatory Stage - 3
After we receive the complete set of basic documents we shall draft following documents for signature by the applicant company and the authorised signatory
- Board Resolution approving the opening of the branch office in India
- Declaration from the applicant on FDI eligibility and source of fund
- Declaration about the nature of the activity, the location of the activity of proposed BO and nature of the activity, the location of activity of the applicant company.
- Form FNC
- Letter of Comfort form holding company
Legalisation of Documents Preparatory Stage - 4
All documents which are originating from a foreign country or which is signed/executed in a foreign country shall be legalized either through Indian Embassy or to be apostilled as per the Hague Convention.
The foreign parent company must have a profitable track record of five years in a row with a net worth of more than $ 1,00,000/- duly supported by financial statement.
The profits of the branch office are freely allowed to be remitted from India to its parent company after payment of applicable taxes, after the audit if books of A/c.