Legal Metrology Manufacturer License
Checklist & Documents
|Minimum Requirements||List of Documents|
Other Miscellaneous Documents:
- Incorporation Documents as per Entity Type:
- Company: Certificate of Incorporation, MOA & AOA
- LLP: Certificate of Incorporation & LLP Agreement
- Partnership Firm: Partnership Deed
- Sole Proprietorship: GST / MSME Certificate
- Promoter Experience Certificates must be of at 2 years in the name of a skilled worker, proprietor, partner, director, or individuals with relevant expertise.
- For premises ownership documents, you can provide any one of the following documents:
- Latest rent receipt
- Sale deed
- Property Tax Receipt OR
- Any other legal document
How to Apply for a Legal Metrology Licence?
Step-1: Download Application Form
Step-2: Complete Application Form
Step-3: Submission & Fee Payment
Step-4: Inspection and Verification
Step-5: Licence Issuance
Legal Metrology Manufacturer License Cost
|Licensing Requirement||Applicable Fee|
Renewal of Licence
Issue of Duplicate Licence
Changes in the Licence
Refer to Schedule IV of the Legal Metrology Act for more details.
Validity & Renewal
Key Points to Remember:
Benefits of Legal Metrology Manufacturing License
Get Expert Legal Metrology Certification Services!
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if my appeal is successful?
1. What is a Legal Metrology Manufacturer Licence, and why is it required?
2. Who is eligible to apply for a Legal Metrology Manufacturer Licence?
- Operating a physical manufacturing unit with adequate space and equipment.
- Obtaining a Model Approval Certificate for each type of weight or measure they intend to produce.
- Submitting a duly filled application form, along with required documents, to the Controller of Legal Metrology or an authorised officer.
3. Are there conditions for the validity of Legal Metrology Licences?
4. How are inspections and stamp obliteration handled in Legal Metrology?
5. What happens if a Legal Metrology Licence is suspended or cancelled?
6. Are Legal Metrology Manufacturer Licence transferable or saleable?
7. What records and registers do I need to maintain after getting the LMPC Manufacturing licence?
8. What is the process for renewing a Legal Metrology Manufacturer Licence?
9. What happens if I do not renew my licence on time?
10. How often are weights and measures subject to verification and stamping?
11. What happens if my weight or measuring instrument fails the verification process?
12. What does periodic verification of weights and measures entail?
13. Why is periodic verification of weights and measures essential?
14. How frequently should I have my weights and measures verified?
15. Who has the authority to perform the verification of my weights and measures?
16. What happens if my weights and measures fail the verification process?
17. Under what circumstances can my Legal Metrology Manufacturer Licence be suspended?
- Non-compliance with the Legal Metrology Act and Rules.
- Manufacturing or selling weights and measures that do not meet accuracy or legal requirements.
- Providing false or misleading information to the Legal Metrology Department.