Every establishment employing over 10 employees or if in past has employed more than 10 employees then the establishment is compulsorily required to register itself and provide benefits of ESIC to its employees.
The employees drawing total wages of up to Rs. 21,000/- only is eligible for the ESIC coverage, however, for the purpose of counting the number of employees for the establishment, all employees are covered.
The employer has to contribute 3.25% of the total wages paid to employees, while employee contribution shall be 0.75% of his total wages. The responsibility to deduct the employee contribution is on the employer
ESIC PAYMENT & RETURN
The employer covered under ESIC has to file Monthly ESIC Return on or before the 21st day of the following month. The return period is of six months starting from April to September in a financial year.
- In the private sector, Central Govt. pays the employers contribution for 3 years
- A worker or his dependants who perform last rites receives an amount of Rs 10000/-
- Physical rehabilitation is provided to the employee during injury or physical disablement
- Retired and permanently disabled persons and their spouses can also receive good medical car
- Insured employee and his family members receive good medical care without spending high on the treatment.
- Under Rajiv Gandhi Shramik Yojna, vocation training is given to the employee who became unemployed due to closure of factory