FSSAI License Renewal
Extend Validity Online
Get in touch with us
Your Information is safe with us
FSSAI License Renewal
- Suppose there is any change in the FBO status, document, information, and activity from the grant of food licence until its renewal. In that case, that change-related document and data need to be filed at the time of renewal.
- Certificate or Plan of Food Safety Management System being adopted (for units under Central Licensing, it has to be a certificate from accredited agencies).
- Copy of food licence.
- List of employees along with their medical fitness certificates.
- Name and details of technical staff in charge of the operation.
- The License shall continue to be in force till the disposal of the renewal application. Further, the decision on the renewal application is made by the licencing or registration authorities within 30 days of the expiry of the licensor registration certificate.
When to apply for Renewal of FSSAI Registration/License
FBO should make the application to renew a fssai registration or license granted under these Regulations not later than 30 days before the expiry date indicated in the License. An applicant can file a renewal application 120 days in advance.
The renewal application filed between 30 days before the licence expiry but before the licence expires shall be accompanied by a late fee of Rs 100 per day for each day of delay.
For Example: Amba sweets, a sweet shop in Delhi, had a state licence valid till 20th April 2021. It filed the renewal application on 20th April 2021, the last date of validity of the licence. Compute the fee payable for a renewal application for five years. As per the rule, Amba Sweets should have made the renewal application by 20th March 2021 to avoid a late fee. The total fee payable for renewal is calculated as under:
- Number of Days of delay in filing renewal = 30 days
- Late fee = Rs 100 X 30 = Rs 3000
- Renewal fee = Rs 2000 X 5 = Rs 10,000 (Renewal fee is Rs 2000 per annum for State Licence)
- Total fee payable for renewal = Late fee + renewal fee = Rs 3000 + Rs 10000 = Rs 13000.
Consequences on Non Renewal of FSSAI Registration/License