BIS ISI Certification - Overview
Key Features of ISI Certification:
Minimum Requirements for ISI Certification
Documents Required to Apply for ISI Certification
|Documents Required for ISI Certification|
- Incorporation Documents will depend on the type of business structure.
- Companies – Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum of Association, Article of Association.
- Partnership Firms and LLPs – Partnership Agreements and Certificate of Incorporation, if applicable.
- Sole Proprietorship you can submit Certificate from Directorate of Industries or Certificate from Industry Center, and MSME Certificate (if applicable).
- If the manufacturing process has been outsourced, an Outsourced Manufacturing Agreement must be submitted.
- Consent letter’ from BIS recognised Laboratories- It is required where the applicant does not have in-house testing facilities.
Step-by-Step ISI Certification Procedure
Step-1: Identify Product Code
Step-2: Identify Testing Facilities & Samples
Step-3: File Online Application
Step-4: Examination of Application
Step-5: Factory Visit and Inspection
Step-6: Submission & Review of Test Report
Step-7: Decision to Grant the License & Payment of License Fees
Step-7: Grant of ISI Certification
Validity & Renewal of ISI Certification
|Time of filing||Effect on Renewal|
ISI Certification Fees
Grounds of Refusal of ISI Certification
The ground for rejection of the ISI certification application are mentioned below:
Benefits of ISI Certification
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the consequences for misusing or not obtaining an ISI mark?
1. What Is ISI?
2. What is the ISI Certification Agency in India?
3. How to know the applicable technical guidelines for a product?
4. Can a manufacturer be the first applicant for a BIS license on a product?
5. Is a separate application required for each product and location for BIS certification?
6. How to search testing charges for BIS-certified third party testing laboratories?
7. What is the validity of the Test report?
8. What is the fee for BIS certification under ISI certification scheme?
The fee to apply for ISI certification:
- The application fee is Rs.1000/-,
- Fee for the Factory inspection is Rs.7000/- per person-day, and
- Marking fee – A minimum of fifty per cent of the marking fee is payable at the application submission time. The marking fee is notified separately for each product.