Import Export Code (IEC)
Get IEC from DGFT @ ₹ 1,499/-
Get in touch with us
Your Information is safe with us
Introduction to Import Export Code
Benefits for Import Export Code Registration
How to apply for Import Export Code?
Documents required for Import Export Code Registration
|LLP/ Company||Trust / Society||HUF|
Frequently Asked Questions About IEC Registration
IEC is a unique ten digit number allotted to a person who intends to engage in the business of export or import of goods.
Registration of IEC is mandatory for all entities who are involved in foreign trade or import and export of goods and services. However, there are a few exemptions which we have discussed below.
A class II DSC is used to sign an application for registration of IEC.
The government fee for applying to DGFT for allotment of IEC is Rs. 500, which has to be paid online while applying for the IE Code application.
There is no fee prescribed for modifying Import Export Code registration details, provided the application for amendment is filed within 90 days of the change in the details. However, for a delayed application filing the late fee charged is Rs.1000.
- Imports and exports for personal consumption
- Import and export from Myanmar and Nepal, where a the cost of a single consignment does not exceed Rs.25,000
- Import and export by Government departments and ministries
- According to Schedule 2, Appendix 3 of ITC, import and export of SCOMET, which are special chemicals, organisms, materials, equipment, and technologies
- When the imported shipments of the businesses need a customs clearance
- When the exported shipments of the businesses need a customs clearance
- When the importer is sending money abroad, IEC is required by the banks
- When the exporter is receiving money from abroad, IEC is required by the banks
It usually takes 10-15 working days for the issue of IEC, from the date of submission of the application.
- Incorrect documentation
- Inadequate documentation
- Incorrect information furnished in the application
- Outdated or forged bank certificate / cheque
- Invalid legal drafts like LLP deed, partnership deed, sales deed, etc
The IEC registration certificate can be downloaded directly from the DGFT website. Since the certificate is not issued in the physical form, no physical delivery of the certificate is possible.