Notice of Intention to transfer shares
Written notice is submitted to the company by the seller defining his intention to transfer the shares, The existing members of the company are informed and invited to buy the shares
Documentation for Transfer of Shares
When the deal to transfer is finalised, and consideration of such transfer is fixed. Form No- SH.4 is filled up by the prospective buyers and the same is signed by transferor and transferee in presence of a witness. The transferor then hands over the share certificate and SH-4 to the transferee. Appropriate stamp duty on share transfer is to be paid by affixing share transfer tickets on the share transfer form.
Transferor send the Share Transfer Form and Certificate to Company
After the transfer is executed, witnessed and adequately stamped, the transferee sends a request for updating of the register of members with his details in replacement of the transferor details. The company records such transfers.
Issue of fresh Share Certificate by the Company
After the due approval of the board of directors of the company, the share transfer is recorded in the register of transfer of shares and replacement share certificate is issued in the name of the new member of the company
- Original Share Certificate of share to be transferred
- Certificate of Stamp duty payment (Franking) on issue of share certificate
- Valuation and the share transfer agreement
- Share transfer form duly signed by the parties
- ID and address proof of the transferor and transferee
- Proof of payment of consideration of transfer if any