Have Questions related to Company Registration?
Can Co-working Office Space/ Shared Office/ Virtual Office Address Be Registered Office Address Of The Company?
- The registered document of the title of the premises of the registered office in the name of the company, if the premises is/are owned by the company, or
- The notarized copy of lease or rent agreement in the name of the company along with a copy of rent paid receipt not older than one month; or
- In case the place is neither owned not taken on rent then a No Objection Certificate (NOC) is required along with any utility bills like telephone, gas, electricity, etc. depicting the address of the premises in the name of the owner.
- The utility bill should not be older than two months.
- Note: The name and address mentioned on the water bill/ electricity bill/property tax receipt should exactly match with the NOC Certificate from Landlord and the Rental Agreement.
- Important point: A building under construction or vacant land can not be declared as the registered office of a company. However, it is not mandatory for the registered office to be a commercial or industrial property. A residential property can also be the registered office of the company.
Change of Registered Office company’s registered office
- Change within local limits of the city: The process is simple and the company has to file form INC-22 along with evidence of new registered office and the NOC from the owner.
- From one city to another within the same ROC: The RO Change outside the local limits of the city can be done by passing a special resolution in the meeting of shareholders. The special resolution is filed for approval of the ROC in Form MGT 14 and after the approval of MGT14, Form INC 22 is filed with the ROC.
- Form jurisdiction of one roc to another roc, however within the same state: There are few states where we have more than one ROC, for example, state of Maharashtra, Tamilnadu, etc; In case the change of registered office is from the jurisdiction of one ROC to another ROC, then approval of the regional director of the ministry of corporate affairs is required. This change also requires a newspaper advertisement for the proposed new address.
- From one state to another state: The change of registered office address from one state to another is the most complicated process in comparison with the above three situations. The petition for seeking approval of the change is filed before the RD office after serving notice to the secretary of the respective state government, all creditors of the company and newspaper publication.