To check company registration number, you can easily avail the online Master Data services offered by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs through its official website at www.mca.gov.in. Master Data is a complete database of companies and LLPs incorporated in India by the Registrar of Companies, an office under the Central Ministry of Corporate Affairs. Besides the checking company registration number check, you can also check the company registration status and check company details under the Master Data services of MCA.
Table of Content
In this blog, we have explained in detail respect to every aspect of the online MCA Master Data services and the stepwise process to check company registration numbers online by its means. Read the full article for complete information on how to check company registration numbers in India.
What is MCA Master Data?
Master Data is one of the most used services of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs provided for on its official website, www.mca.gov.in. It enables the public viewing and inspection of all the legal details and documents of incorporated companies and LLPs, available with the Registrar of Companies, an office under the Central Ministry of Corporate Affairs. The Registrar of Companies is the authority responsible for registering companies and LLPs in India.
So, you can consider Master Data as a complete database of registered companies and LLPs.
The details it contains include:
The details it contains include:
- The name of the company or LLP
- The CIN of the company or LLPIN of the LLP
- The details of the jurisdictional ROC who incorporated the company / LLP (ROC Code)
- LLP / Company Registration number
- Class of Company (whether Public / Private)
- Category of Company (whether limited by shares or limited by guarantee)
- Authorised and paid up capital of the company / LLP
- The date on which the company / LLP was incorporated
- registered office of the company / LLP is located
- Address of any other office/s where the company / LLP is maintaining its statutory documents and account books
- e-mail address of the company / LLP
- Status of the company for e-filing
- Whether the company is listed or not, and if listed, the stocks of the company are suspended at the stock exchange
- The date on which the last Annual General Meeting of the company was held
- The number of members (applicable only if the company has no share capital)
- Status of Compliance for the company
All these details can be viewed by both registered and unregistered users of the MCA Portal.
What are the Steps to Check Company Registration Number in India?
The detailed procedure to check company details or LLP details on the MCA website under the MCA Master Data services has been mentioned below.
Step 1: Visit the official website of MCA. From the menu tab, click on MCA services.
Step 2: After clicking on MCA services, a drop-down menu will appear which will show a list of services provided by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs through its official website.
Step 3: Among these services, choose the option “view company and LLP Master Data” under the head “Master Data”
Step 4: You will be redirected to a new window where you are asked to fill out the name of the company/LLP and its CIN/ LLPIN. After you have entered the required details, click on the “submit” button below.
Step 5: If the information you’ve submitted is true and valid, all the information and significant documents of the company / LLP registered with the ROC, shall appear on the screen. We have already mentioned a list of those details above.
What are The Other Details You Can View Under MCA Master Data?
Apart from the master data of the company and LLP, there are certain other details that can be viewed under the Master data services of the MCA Portal. These include
- Details of the authorised signatory director / designated partner of the company / LLP: Anyone Director of a company can be authorised by its Board of Directors to sign the application of company registration and every other application subsequently filed by the company. This director is called the “Authorized Signatory” of the Company. The same goes for LLP as well, the only difference being that the signatory here is one of its designated partners authorised by all the other partners of the LLP. The master data gives you the option to view the professional details of this authorised signatory, including his name, DIN / DPIN / PAN, designation in the company or LLP, the status of his Digital Signature Certificate (whether registered or not), expiry date of the digital signature certificate, if the DIN has been surrendered, then the date of such surrender. All you need to do is go to the MCA website and click on the “MCA Services” tab on the menu. From the dropdown, under Master Data, click on the “View Signatory Details” option. Enter the CIN / LLPIN of the company / LLP and submit. You will be able to view the details of the authorised signatory of the concerned company / LLP.
- Details of any director / designated partner of the Company / LLP: You can also view the personal details of any director of the Company, like his name, DIN number, and complete details of companies in which the concerned individual is a director. All you need to do is go to the MCA website and click on the “MCA Services” tab on the menu. From the dropdown, under Master Data, click on the “View Director Master Data” option. Enter the DIN number of the director and submit. You will be able to view the details of the concerned director of the company.
- Index of Charges of the company / LLP: Among the master data services, you can also view the charges due on the company, whether it is related to any asset or property it owns, and compliance which is due in its name or a loan it has taken from any bank or financial institution. You can view the type of charge, the amount of charge and the duration for which it has been due.
With Master Data Services, the MCA has provided an easy process to check company registration numbers online. In this blog, we have explained every bit of information related to company registration number check under the MCA Master Data Services. However, if you still have any further queries, you can contact us directly, and we will resolve them in no time.