Table of Contents
Following are the procedure for seeking registration of trademark in India
1. Application For Registration
2. Acceptance Or Refusal Of An Application
3. Correction And Amendment
4. Withdrawal Of Acceptance
- That the said application has been accepted in error.
- That is the circumstances of the case the trademark should not be registered or should be registered subject to conditions or limitations (if it was accepted absolutely) or to conditions additional to or different from the conditions or limitations subject to which the application has been accepted, the registrar may, after hearing the applicant if he so desires, withdraw the acceptance and proceed as the application had not been accepted.
5. Advertisement Of An Application
The purpose of such advertisement is to afford the public an opportunity to oppose the registration of the mark.
6. Opposition To Registration
The term ‘from the date advertisement’ should be understood as the date when the journal is issued and not the date borne on the journal.
If the applicant sends such counter-statement, the registrar has to serve a copy on the person giving notice of opposition.