- Shops and Establishment Registration with the labour department are mandatory in almost all cases, the purpose of the shops and establishment registration is to create a database with the labour department so that the state government regulates the conditions of labour and employment.
- Professional Tax is a state-based law which aims to levy a tax on the specified profession and the employment within the state. Most of the business does require registration with the professional tax department.
- Trade License: To ensure that the neighbor hood is peaceful and there is no nuisance creating activity is carried on the municipal corporation of Bengaluru issued a license.
- All the eating establishments like hotels, restaurants, canteen, food stall, bakeries, sale of vegetables, meat, provisions store, etc.
- Trades which use motives like manufacturing industries, factories, power looms, flour mills, cyber café, etc.
- Offensive and dangerous trades like a barber shop, dhobi shop, timber wood, sale of firewood, candle manufacturer, cracker manufacturer, etc.
The Documents required for the trade license are as follows:
- Trade Premises Layout Plan: area one will be using the trade showing details of location, approach, and distance from public sewerage, lavatories, urinals located in the vicinity.
- The Id and address proof of the applicant owner of the business
- The premises proof with a NOC from the owner of the premises where the trade license is required
- Consent of Neighbour, that they have no objection to the conduct of trade
- The municipality property tax paid receipt.
- The KATHA EXTRACT, It is an account of assessment on yearly basis of the property tax assessment with the details of the property such as its location, size, built up area, etc.
- Schedule X for the name of trades
- Schedule of Fee to be paid for Trade License
- Karnataka Municipal Corporation Act, 1976 (Ref Section 353)