Table of Contents
Minutes of Meeting of Board of Directors What to Include for Effectiveness?
- Nature and purpose of the meeting
- Date, time, and location of the meeting
- The conclusion that came out with the meeting
- A record containing all the motions that were discussed
- Names of the Chairperson and Secretary present in the meeting
- Who will take the action based on the conclusion and who will implement it?
- List of the invited attendees. The list should also include the regrets
- Name of the body whether it is an associated department, office, or organization who is holding the meeting
What are the 5 Steps Involved in Minutes of Meeting?
The below mentioned 5 steps are very essential in taking the note of minutes of meeting effectively.
- Pre-planning: Minutes of a meeting can prove to be very effective and fruitful if proper agenda is sought out by the chairperson and the secretary or minutes-taker. This takes place under the pre-planning stage.
- Record taking: The second step involves taking care of what to include in the minutes of a meeting. This includes details like purpose, nature, date, time, and location of the meeting.
- Transcribing the minutes: The Third step focuses on transcribing the minutes in order to make them clear and objective. Apart from this, inflammatory or personal observations should be avoided while transcribing.
- Dissemination of the Minutes of Meeting: Before the dissemination of the minutes it is wise to make sure that the Chair has reviewed and approved the minutes for circulation.
- Store for future reference: After the revision of the minutes of the meeting, it is important to store them for future reference and choose a reliable tool to save or store them online and offline.