The details for migration to FoSCoS registered FBO is mentioned hereunder
- Licence or Registration number,
- Name and Address of the Food Business,
- Kind of Business enrolled,
- Category of Licence/ registration
Valid FSSAI Licensed Food Businesses (Manufacturing Kind of Business)- Manufacture for the migration purpose could be further classified as
Manufacturer of standardised product
- After login, they are required to modify their licence (without cost) at the earliest, by selecting the products under manufacturing from the standardised list of products available in FoSCoS. In FLRS, there was a text box approach for writing the name of the products to be manufactured. In FoSCoS, product selection based methodology is adopted for providing ease to the food businesses in the selection of standardised Food Products. Once the special period of modification without cost is over, such modification may not be allowed without cost, and licensing authority may take action on such FBOs as deemed appropriate.
- Secondly, if the renewal of licence gets due and the FBO does not avail the facility of modification( without cost), then the renewal would only be allowed for one year.
- There may be cases where a food business was given the licence for a product that does not have a name or nature, as mentioned in FSSR. If the product does not feature in the list, the food business is required to apply for Proprietary or Novel Food as the case may be (which are under Central Licence)
- They also need to verify the licence’s details entered in FoSCoS and report any anomaly in the details of licence/registration as compared with FLRS to FSSAI
Manufacture of non-standardised products
How is FosCOS better than FLRS?
- It is similar in the scheme as to FLRS so that users have convenience in migrating to FoSCoS.
- It is one point stop for all engagement of an FBO with the department as it is offering licensing, registration, inspection, and annual return modules at one platform.
- The major change is the shift of methodology of licensing for manufacturers which now shall be based on the standardised product list. This will help in a quicker grant of licences and eliminate the errors. The Foscos product selection based methodology is only for manufacturers of standardised food products.
- FoSCoS provides the module for filing online Annual Return e. The return for the financial year 2019-2020 may be filed online. Now the FBO can file the online returns which rule out postal delays, need to preserve dispatch/receipt proofs and disputes regarding submission of returns resulting in harassment of food business operators.
- Mandatory documents have been rationalised and many paper-based declarations have been replaced with tick-based declarations.