Table of Contents
The ESI registration is mandatory for the following establishments that employs 10 or more persons
- Shops, Hotels or restaurants not having any manufacturing activity, but only engaged in ‘sales’.
- Cinemas including preview theatres;
- Road Motor Transport Establishments;
- Newspaper establishments.(that is not covered as factory under Sec. 2(12); (vi) Private Educational Institutions (those run by individuals, trustees, societies or other organizations and Medical Institutions (including Corporate, Joint Sector, trust, charitable, and private ownership hospitals, nursing homes, diagnostic centers, pathological labs).
(A) Medical Benefit
(B) Sickness Benefit (SB)
- Extended Sickness Benefit (ESB) : SB extendable upto two years in the case of 34 malignant and long-term diseases at an enhanced rate of 80 per cent of wages.
- Enhanced Sickness Benefit : Enhanced Sickness Benefit equal to full wage is payable to insured persons undergoing sterilization for 7 days/14 days for male and female workers respectively.
(C) Maternity Benefit (MB)
(D) Disablement Benefit
- Temporary disablement benefit (TDB) : In case of employment injury, whether the contribution has been made or not Temporary Disablement Benefit is payable at the rate of 90% of wage from day one of entering insurable employment as long as the disability continues.
- Permanent disablement benefit (PDB) : The benefit is paid at the rate of 90% of wage in the form of monthly payment depending upon the extent of loss of earning capacity as certified by a Medical Board.