What Purpose does a Memorandum of Association Serve ?
- MOA aims to guide the intending shareholder so that he/she can scrutinize the extent to which the investment of his capital shall be put into the risk.
- MOA aims to guide and provide information about the company to all the investors who consider entering in the contractual relation with the company.
How to Change the Main Object of the Company- Companies Act 2013
Our Startup Advisors are here to help! Give a call or chat with us
We are available 10 AM to 6 PM (Monday to Saturday)
Simple Steps to Change the Object in Memorandum of Association
- Firstly, the notice has to be issued for calling the Board Meeting
- Secondly, the notice to call general meeting to be issued on behalf of the company to all the members, auditors and directors. The notice should be approved by the board.
- Extra ordinary general meeting to be held on the due date which is mentioned in the notice to pass special resolution that comes under Section 13 (1) of the Companies Act, 2013
- Certified copy of special resolution in a company letterhead accompanied by necessary documents is to be filed. It is to be done for the purpose of alteration of MOA. The certified copy of special resolution has also to be filed with the registrar of the companies in form MGT14 within 30 days from the date of passing special resolution. The necessary documents that need to be filed with the certified copy of special resolution in a company letterhead are mentioned below:
- Notice of calling extra ordinary general meeting
- Altered MOA with the changed object clause