What is the Poultry Farming Business?
Steps to Start a Poultry Farming Business in India
Step Wise Process to Setup Poultry Unit.
Pick your Poultry Sector & Type of Bird:
Decide the Location of your Farm:
Decide on the appropriate form of business:
- Sole Proprietorship: A sole proprietorship is the most basic type of business, with one owner responsible for both the financial and legal aspects of the company. Your firm does not need to be registered with the state as a sole proprietorship. You must also obtain the applicable licenses and permits. It involves less paperwork, is easy to start, and has no corporate business taxes. Further, a sole proprietorship can be a risky form of business as there is no liability protection. The proprietor liability to the business is unlimited and hence we do not recommend a proprietorship firm, instead for a single owner a One-Person Company (OPC) is a better choice. Learn More
- Partnership: A partnership is a legal entity with two or more owners that operates jointly as a firm with joint and severe liability. This is like instead of one proprietor we have two and because they share capital/profits of the firm, they are commonly referred to as the Partners. We do not recommend a partnership firm for the poultry business and instead as an alternative, you may consider an LLP or a Private Limited Company. Click here to Read More.
- Limited Liability Partnership: LLP is an abbreviation for Limited Liability Partnership. It is considered a hassle-free sort of business and easy to carry out day-to-day operations. An entrepreneur can avail of many benefits if he/she chooses LLP to incorporate business. Like, such as lower registration costs, lower compliance burden, partners’ participation in business, and so on. We highly recommend the LLP if you are starting a poultry farming business. Click here to Read More.
- One Person Company: OPC is an abbreviation for One Person Company. One-person company is highly advisable for sole owners in comparison to going for proprietorship. OPC will offer you a business entity and limited lability. We will help you to make an OPC and provide all the legal compliance. Learn More
Decide the Name, LOGO, and Trademark for your company:
Define your target market:
Generate a business plan:
Market and Advertising:
Source of Funding
Are you still confused?
Don't hesitate! Our Startup Advisors are readily available! Give a call or chat with us
We are available 10 AM to 6 PM (Monday to Saturday)
Benefits of Poultry Farming Business
- A means of generating revenue.
- There will be more job opportunities.
- It is easy to opt for a license.
- Not highly skilled labour is required.
- At the commercial level, poultry farming is a profitable industry.
- You can start this business with a minimal amount of money.
- It’s a consistent source of revenue.
- Poultry farming uses less water.
- For aspiring entrepreneurs, it is a fantastic business prospect.
- The nutritional value of poultry farmed products is high.
Capital Required to start a poultry farming business in India
Capital for a small-scale poultry farming business in India ranges from Rs. 2,00,000 to Rs. 10 lakh.
Capital for a medium-scale poultry farming business ranges from Rs. 10 lakh to Rs. 35 lakh
Capital for a large-scale poultry farming business range from approximately Rs. 2-3 Crore.