Prerequisites to Check Company Registration Status Online
Process of Company Registration
- Documentation: The first step is to prepare all the documents required for company registration. These include KYC documents of all first shareholders and directors, proof of registered office address of the company, and No Objection Certificate from the owner of the registered office space. Besides, the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association also have to be drafted for submission during company registration.
- Visit the MCA website and Login: After preparing the documents required for company registration, you can move ahead with the application process. The process can be completed online on the MCA website. For this, an account needs to be created on the website to receive login credentials. Upon signing into the account, applicant can access the application form for company registration and proceed.
- File the Application for Company Registration: The application for company registration is called SPICE Plus or INC-32. It is divided into two parts- Part A and Part B. PART A is filed first for name approval of the company. After the name is approved and finalised, the applicant can proceed to PART B which contains the registration form. All details must be filled out carefully here. The documents we discussed in the first step have to be uploaded and authenticated by digital signature of the authorised director.
- Pay the Application Fee and Submit: After completing the form, the applicant must pay the requisite fee to finally submit it. The fee for company registration depends on the company’s authorised capital. Up to Rs.15 lakhs of authorised capital, no fee is charged. Beyond Rs.15 lakhs, a fee of Rs. 500 is charged for Part B only. Part A of the form filed for name approval, on the other hand, has a fixed fee of Rs.1,000.
- Receive the Company Registration Certificate and CIN: The submitted form, after payment of the requisite fee, is further processed and examined. Upon successful verification of the details and documents, the ROC approves the form and registers the company. As a conclusive evidence of such registration, the ROC issues a Registration Certificate and allots a unique CIN to the company.
- Proceed with Checking Company Registration Status: After the company receives its CIN, its registration status can be checked online on the MCA website. To check the company registration status, a simple process must be followed. We have explained every single step of this process in further sections. If you have any additional queries, our team shall be available for a free consultation.
Documents Required for Company Registration
- KYC documents of all promoters – PAN, Adhar, Address Proof, and coloured photographs
- Documents of Registered Office – Proof of address of Registered office, NOC from the owner of office space
- e-MoA and e-AoA
- Director’s consent and declarations in forms DIR 2, INC 9, and INC 14
- Class 3 Digital Signature Certificate of the authorised director.
How to Check Company Registration Status Online?
Process to Check Company Registration Status
Step 1: Visit the MCA Website
Step 2: Enter Company CIN
Step 3: Get Company Registration Details
- Name of the company
- RoC Code
- Company Registration Number
- Category, subcategory, and class of company
- Authorised & Paid Up capital
- Number of members, applicable only in the case of companies that do not have authorised capital.
- Date of registration
- Registered office address
- Registered email address
- Whether listed or unlisted
- Date of last Annual General Meeting
- Date of Filing last Balance Sheet
- Names and DINs of all the directors, along with their contact details and their dates of appointment.
Process to Download Company Registration Documents
Step 1: Login to the MCA Website & Access the Service
Step 2: Enter Requisite Information
Step 3: Select Document Category & Relevant Year
Step 4: Pay Requisite Charges
Step 5: Download Incorporation Documents of the Company
Q1: How do I check company registration status on the MCA website?
Checking company registration status on the MCA website is a straightforward process. First, visit the MCA website and navigate to “MCA Services.” Then select “Master Data” and choose “View Company and LLP Master Data.” Enter the company’s Corporate Identification Number (CIN) and submit. You’ll be able to view all details of the company including its name, registration number, registration date, compliance status, list of directors and so on.
Q2: What is a CIN and why is it important to check company registration status?
A Corporate Identification Number or CIN is a unique identifier assigned to every registered company in India. It is crucial for checking company registration status on the MCA website.
Q3: How can I download company incorporation documents from the MCA website?
You can download various documents related to a company’s incorporation by signing in to the MCA website. After logging in and accessing “Document Related Services,” select “Get Certified Copies.” You’ll need to provide details like the company’s name or CIN and select the desired document category along with the relevant year. By paying a nominal fee, you can download incorporation documents, certifications, balance sheets, annual returns and more.