Check Whether Form 8 is applicable on Your LLP
Every LLP is required to file a statement of account & solvency with the ROC within 180 days of the closure of the financial year. It means that the form-8 for the financial year 2019-20 must be filed before 30th October 2020. However for recently incorporated LLP which got incorporated on or after 1st October 2019, the filing of Form 8 (Financial Statement) is optional for the FY 2019-20.
What is form-8 for LLP?
Form-8 is the prescribed format to file a statement of Account & Solvency with the Registrar of Companies/LLP. In this form, the LLP has to file key financial information and a declaration under the MSME Act.
The process to file LLP Form-8 is as under
- Check that the form is fully filled
- Digitally sign the Form-8with the DSC of the partners
- If required get form 8 attested by Company Secretary
- Perform a pre scrutiny of the eform
- Upload the form at MCA Portal
- Pay the ROC Fee
Update compliance record of the LLP and Legal File
After your LLP has filed its accounts and statement of solvency to ROC in form 8 check the SRN status at the mca portal. Once the Form-8 gets approved, it means that the same has been concluded successfully. Update your records and legal File with the following documents
- Form-8(Final form which was approved by ROC)
- Fee Receipt of filing the Form 8
- Attachments to the digital form such as List of MSME Declaration
- Financial Statement of the LLP.