Copyrights of works of the countries mentioned in the International Copyright Order are protected in
India, as if such works are Indian works.
Copyright of nationals of countries who are members of the Bern Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, Universal Copyright Convention and the TRIPS Agreement are protected in India through the International Copyright Order.
Copyright as provided by the Indian Copyright Act is valid only within the borders of the country. To secure protection to Indian works in foreign countries, India has become a member of the following international conventions on copyright and neighboring(related) rights:
- Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic works.
- Universal Copyright Convention.
- Artistic Works
- Convention for the Protection of Producers of Phonograms against
unauthorised duplication of their Phonograms.
- Multilateral Convention for the Avoidance of Double Taxation of Copyright Royalties.
- Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) Agreement